Is this solar panel kit right for me?
A 3kW Solar Kit requires up to 250 square feet of space and could produce an estimated 200 to 550 kilowatt hours (kWh) of alternating current (AC) power per month, assuming at least 5 sun hours per day with the solar array facing south. Refer to your electric utility bill to find the actual kWh used per month and compare it to how much power this 3kW PV system can generate.
This 3kW size grid-connect solar kits include solar panels, string inverter, and the racking system for roof mount. These are complete PV power systems that can work for a home or business, with everything you need to get the system up and running. The kits include hardware components only; does NOT include labor.
The kWh generated monthly by these systems is great for eliminating the impact of a hot tub or running the air conditioner. A 3000W Complete Solar Kit could offset 1/3rd of medium user's consumption which may equal 1/2 their $ part of the bill.
What is included in my 3kW solar installation kit?
Our DIY home install kits provide all the solar components you need from start to finish.
|Suntech 255 Watt Solar Panels||Grid-Tied String Inverter||Ironridge Racking and Mounting|
- Solar Panels - 12 x 255W High performance 60-cell polycrystalline PV modules with 25 year warranties.
- String Inverter - Includes one easy-to-install string inverter with reliable performance at the right price.
- Racking and Attachments - Industry leading IronRidge racking mounts the solar panels to your roof.
- System Monitoring - Free with every kit purchase! View and analyze your solar energy production in real-time.
- System Design and Financial Analysis - We'll fit this system for your specific roof and calculate your solar investment payback.
How easy is it to install?
- A 3kW system takes about one weekend.
- Our kits use industry leading solar panels, inverters, and racking systems specifically selected and combined to make do-it-yourself installation possible.
- A homeowner who has wired an AC outlet and is comfortable working on their roof can install our Solar kit.
The installation of a solar system, even from a complete kit is considered above the average homeowner's skill set and should not be taken upon lightly. Each task is rather simple, but you will be working at heights, on a angle, probably in the heat of the bright sun, working with power tools, hoisting large expensive pieces of glass up ladders and across a roof peppered with racking and wiring.
You'll also be working with DC voltages above 300VDC and household 240V AC. You should be good with simple math and be mechanically inclined. If you're willing to give it a try, it can be a rewarding experience both in saving you a lot of money and of giving you a great sense of accomplishment.
If self-installation is not for you, we can help you find a local solar contractor to help you with the process.
Benefits of Going Solar
- Federal government provides a 30% tax credit on all residential solar installations until 12/31/2016.
- Some state & local governments as well as some utilities are also offering financial incentives to homeowners.
- Investing in solar on your roof provides 6%-13% return on investment, better than most other investments today.
- By going solar you'll be supporting local jobs and helping America become more energy independent.
- By going solar you'll be reducing our dependence on fossil fuels and help clean up the environment for future generations.
|Buying Solar||Leasing Solar|
Save up to 100% of your electricity bill
Save an average of 20% of your electricity bill
|Tax credits and incentives||
Homeowner receives all rebates and credits
Homeowner receives no rebates or credits
|Upfront installation costs||
Homeowner pays upfront but can leverage mortgage or credit line for positive cash flow
Low or no upfront costs
Home value increases by $20,000 for each $1,000 offset in annual electricity cost
Value of home does not change and new homeowner must negotiate new lease terms
|System upgrade & customization||
Homeowner can fully customize and upgrade solar PV system at any time
Homeowner locked into leasing company's choice of solar PV system
3000 Watt (3kW) DIY Solar Panel Kit w/String Inverter
- Brand: GigaWatt
- Product Code: 3KWSI-DIY
- Availability: In Stock